Sector Leadirynam 17/10/2020 414 Vacancies
About the SURGe Project:
In October, 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
Position Type: Management
Level of Effort: Full time
Position Summary: Based in SURGe National Office in Kyiv and reporting to the Deputy Director, Operations Director and Project Director, the Sector Lead will be responsible for designing and managing the technical assistance for a variety of Ukrainian government bodies and agencies. In particular, the Sector Lead will assess the needs of government agencies, design assistance initiatives in compliance with Ukrainian reform agenda, principles of international development and SURGe mandate, establish and manage reform teams, coordinate initiatives will stakeholders and ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of work.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager with understanding of Government of Ukraine processes and experience in managing large teams of experts, who will develop reform support initiatives in a variety of sectors and manage reform teams in the Ministries.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 7 years of experience in consulting/advisory, including minimum 3 years of senior management experience (advisory, technical assistance projects, or other project management experience with exposure to the Government of Ukraine);
- Experience in hiring and managing teams (min 5 people);
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation;
- Dynamic, independent, results driven highly-motivated expert;
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business, Law, Political Science, International Development or another relevant discipline.
- Superior fluency in English is a must;
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian;
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Terms of Reference:
Please apply with a CV (max. 2 pages) and a cover letter (max. 500 words) in English
to the following e-mail email@example.com with the subject Sector Lead SURGe.
The closing date for applications is November 1, 2020.
Due to the volume of responses, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow up. No telephone inquiries will be entertained
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.